Cuban Visa

To enter the country as a tourist, you must comply to the following:

– be owner of a return flight ticket
– passport must have at least 6 months validity left
– you need a reservation for a hotel room or a licensed Casa Particular
– medical insurance
– be owner of a Tourist Card (Tarjeta Turistica)

The Tarjeta can be also bought at the Josè Martì Airport in la Habana on your arrival and also in other International Airports like Santiago, Camaguey, Cienfuegos, Holguin, Guantanamo, Ciego de Avila, Varadero, Cayo Coco and Cayo Largo.

Visa is valid for 4 weeks and can be extended at any immigration office, showing your passport, Tarjeta Turistica and paying around 30 US$.

If you wish to buy a Medical Insurance on line, please visit our dedicated page here.

If you come from Mexico and you’re not a Mexican citizen, you will be required to show your Mexican Touristic Card.

Passport stamp is not put by Cuban Customs on your passport, so if you want your passport to be stamped, you have to expressly request to custom officer before leaving the country.


In case you booked a Casa Particular on our site, you can use the adress provided by us on the Tarjeta Turistica, being all our houses authorised by the Cuban Tourism Ministry. If you haven’t booked a casa yet, click here.

When leaving Cuba, remember that all international flights are subject to 25 CUC airport tax to be payed locally cash in CUC; so remember to save 25 CUC.

Entry regulations may be different, depending on your nationality, so before leaving check Visa regulations at the Cuban Embassy in your country.

List of cuban embassies abroad   |   List of foreign embassies in Cuba